We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to manage the software development life cycle, from planning and prioritizing to testing and release and help with the migration of a COBOL app to Java.
Senior Java Developer responsibilities include gathering system and user requirements, building Java modules and testing features before release. If you have hands-on experience developing software with agile methodologies and are ready to lead our junior developers, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will deploy and maintain functional, secure and high-quality applications.
- Identify and analyze user requirements
- Prioritize, assign and execute tasks throughout the software development lifecycle
- Develop Java EE applications
- Write well-designed, efficient code
- Review, test and debug team members’ code
- Design database architecture
- Schedule product releases with internal teams
- Document development phases
- Ensure our applications are secure and up-to-date
- Work experience as a Senior Java Developer or similar role
- Experience designing, building and testing Java EE applications
- In-depth knowledge of popular Java frameworks like JSF and Spring MVC
- Experience with Object-Oriented Design (OOD)
- Good delegation and time management skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field